FLX EXTREME - new DUI drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took delivery of an all-black Flex Extreme last week and had the chance to put my first dive on it last night. Awesome suit - very light and flexible, but clearly hardier than the TLS350s that many of my buddies dive. I opted for rock boots, which required a move up one fin size, but despite the slightly greater weight and different feel from my last suit, there was no difficulty getting comfortable and maintaining good trim. This is a great suit solution for a diver like myself who dives dry year round in the Great Lakes..

Where does this suit stand in comparison with the CLX450, is it more durable, lighter, etc.? Essentially, why would one buy one over the other?
Hi,

The FLX Extreme is more puncture resistant than the TLS350. It is lighter than the CLX and feels more flexible with a greater sense of mobility. The FLX Extreme would be lighter than the CLX and a bit heavier than the TLS.

More choices for you. The best thing to do is come dive it!

Thanks,

Kathy

I'll have to check it out ..interesting suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom