Flower Gardens wnd of March 28 (buddy question)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaQTX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking about booking for a trip on the MV Fling. Never been, but I've read about it since I started diving. I think I will finally pull the trigger. Any opinions about going without a buddy? I've gone solo at many locals, so I'm not too worried. Anyone want to go???

Sure wish I could, but obligations stand in my way. Most of the divers that head out there tend to be experienced (intermediate or above), but there are no guarantees. Chances are you'll be paired with someone who knows what they're doing.
Good luck with the weather/conditions this time of year (the Gulf can be quite cantankerous). Hope you have a great trip!

They will take care of buddying you up if you have not found someone.

Spring trips are real iffy on the weather - less than 25% go. And they can be pretty rough. You might want to rethink waiting until a summer trip for your first time. I've probably done 20 trips to FGB but I'm not sure I have any spring trips left in me.

Take lots of thermal protection. 65 degrees doesn't sound to bad until you try 4 or 5 dive in one day to 80 - 100 ft. It gets real cold.

I guess that why the boat has so many open spots still. Still, the reason that I want to book now is because I am really jonesin to get in the water. I'm going to Europe in April so I won't be diving again until mid summer if I don't go now.

I'm thinking about booking for a trip on the MV Fling. Never been, but I've read about it since I started diving. I think I will finally pull the trigger. Any opinions about going without a buddy? I've gone solo at many locals, so I'm not too worried. Anyone want to go???

ScubaQTX,

Contact the LDS that you have booked your trip with. They should have a group leader assigned to the trip. Either the shpo can fix you up with a buddy or make arrangements with the group leader t buddy up with someone. Good luck with the weather. Suggest at least full 5MM, hood and gloves. Lot of rep diving gets chilly out there this time of year. Also take a warm pullover for topside. PS..... that red jacket will do just fine for topside.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom