flower gardens-what time to get good spot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap, and lukiedukie.......y'all (oops, now you know i'm a native!) are on the spree?? (we are on the spree)have your wives as buddies?? tell me about yourselves. i'm very excited also.

donnad:
awap, and lukiedukie.......y'all (oops, now you know i'm a native!) are on the spree?? (we are on the spree)have your wives as buddies?? tell me about yourselves. i'm very excited also.

I believe we are on the trip after your's that is doing stetson only. My wife has done the flower gerdens a few times but is real vulnerable to seasickness and doesn't care to go any more. Cozumel has spoiled her but she doesn't mind my doing a couple trips each year.

I really wouldn't advise bringing bungie cords. There was an incident with a bungie cord snapping someone in the eye resulting in significant damage a year or two ago.

Tanks are well secure in the racks. The wet suits are secured by the crew while the divers receive their initial briefing and potty training.

TwoBit

I mentioned the bungee cords because the crew recommended we secure our tanks for the ride out. They were also real adamant about not putting your weights in if you had a weight integrated BC. We had a smooth ride so it wasn't an issue, but I've had some trips where the boat has taken some pretty hard slaps on the trip out. I remember one trip where all the drawers in the galley ended up on the floor and another one where a coffee pot didn't make it although the bungee was still there on the shelf.

I was just out there 7/2 ~ 7/5/06 on the Fling. Great trip even though the vis was down. We got to see some small sharks, turtles, and plenty of stingrays, plus the usual medley of lobsters, shrimp, eels and reef fish. There were only 17 divers, including the team leaders, so we had plenty of space. I was booked on the Spree, but since there were so few divers we all went out on the Fling. I think I'll try to book the same trip next year.

do the thursday/fridays trips like the one i'm about to go on tend to have fewer divers than on the sat/sun trips?? i noticed that the gulf-diving website says there are still spots available for the july 20,21st trip. i'm really getting excited now. only three more days!!

Back
Top Bottom