Florida Wreck Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a very good point. That one tip just saved us a lot of time and confusion.

I've been looking online for some info. on SHARK DIVES and the sinking of the Sp. Groove. Any ideas where I could obtain some timely updates on it's sinking?

One more thing...... do you have to be "wreck certified" to dive the 'best' wrecks?

I've been emailing a LDS in Key West obtaining info. on the possibility and time contraints of doing the Wreck Specialty while we are in Florida. They reports doing different speacialties for tourist all the time. I suppose we'd do our knowledge reviews here in Colorado (or on the plane, haha) and take care of class time there????

I'm rambling........... I'm so excited.
I'll email the Tavernier right now.

Last time all they wanted was a advanced open water. Before that they wanted advanced with a dive in salt water to 80' plus in your log book within the last six mo. If you have not made the 80'dive they wanted you to have a guide for about 15 to 20 bucks on your first dive.
In July we were in Ft.Lauderdale first, made a couple drift dives there and got my 80'. They don't seem to ask about 80' plus there.

And there is some good wrecks to dive in that area.
Have a great time.

Try this for shark dives

www.sfdh.com

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom