Florida Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiekarj:
Ron, what type of uw camera equipment do you use?

Inexpensive!!! :D

All the UW results in my gallary are done with the Canon S70, and the WP-DC40 housing. I purchased the entire setup (minus the 1 gig card) for about $565 including shipping.

My wife uses the canon S70 Camera too... It took great pictures in Roatan. We live in Breck, CO and Ft. Lauderdale, FL... A GREAT dive shop north of lauderdale is Splashdown divers out of Boynton Beach, FL. http://www.splashdowndivers.com it is probably one of the BEST reef (drift) dives in S. Florida. We've gone to the keys, and Boynton is a much more colorful reef, with tons of sea life. Next time you're in FL... you should definitely check them out.

howarde:
My wife uses the canon S70 Camera too... It took great pictures in Roatan. We live in Breck, CO and Ft. Lauderdale, FL... A GREAT dive shop north of lauderdale is Splashdown divers out of Boynton Beach, FL. http://www.splashdowndivers.com it is probably one of the BEST reef (drift) dives in S. Florida. We've gone to the keys, and Boynton is a much more colorful reef, with tons of sea life. Next time you're in FL... you should definitely check them out.

Next time I'm in FL I will definately checkout the diving out of Lauderdale. I was very happy just doing shore diving at LBTS, so if you are suggesting that Boynton is better than the Keys that would indeed be worthwhile, as there are some very colorful and fun reefs down there.

The other thing on my *list* will be a springs dive. I just could not make it happen on this trip as with the amount of diving I did was overmuch for a *family* vacation.

Boynton is definitely more colorful than French reef or Molasses Reef in Largo. We do the 40 minute drive from lauderdale, to go up there.

Back
Top Bottom