Florida offshore oil rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grief, that dosnt sound promising.

I just saw on the CNN news that concensus is now that the outflow is - quote - "even larger than expected", what that means, I dont know, but it seems there is a mad scramble to keep it from hitting the shores today.

I just cant help feeling this is a lot bigger than is been let on.

Unfortunatley I think your right. It seems BP and Obamas administration might be lying to us

I've always wondered why they don't allow offshore drilling. The accident/ spillage rate is so small. I don't think I've ever really heard of a large spill from a rig. Especially now since the Red Chinese have entered into an agreement with Cuba and will be drilling 60 miles offshore anyway. Why aren't we,other than because of a bunch of UNEMPLOYED tree huggers who don't need to pay for gas to GET TO WORK anyhow! That's why they are so vocal. They are not at work. Same with ANWR. The caribou seem to love the warmth of the pipeline and the people who protest don't live near there anyway. Most of em in fact would last about 1/2 a day out in the woods. Thanks Captain for this thread.

However, it only take a rare few to destroy the environment for years and years.

Last edited:
Why did they wait until yesterday to get "fired up" about doing something to stop it from reaching land. Did they not know all along that it was goin to head towards shore?

Why did they wait until yesterday to get "fired up" about doing something to stop it from reaching land. Did they not know all along that it was goin to head towards shore?

i have been wondering the same thing

Unfortunatley I think your right. It seems BP and Obamas administration might be lying to us

I wanna see Palin chanting "Drill baby! Drill!"

Yeah, it is perplexing.

I saw on CNN they interviewed a charter fishing boat captain and he said he has had to cancel 3 charters today and the weekend - I know its small in comparison to the potential pollution damage, but it just shows how this effects even the smallest link in the chain - one mans livelihood.

I think, the mood has changed now from "we are fighting this on all fronts" to " just how bad is this really going to be?".

I wanna see Palin chanting "Drill baby! Drill!"

That would be something but right now we have to be concerned with Obama and BPs actions. Hopefully they do better containing and informing us of what is really going on

They need to find out why the BOPs (blow out preventers) failed. They are the last defense against this kind of catastrophe.

Everything that is in the Gulf floats right up the Keys and the East coast, but they are saying in the news that we have "little" to worry about. How can they sit back and say this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom