Florida Keys 2012 Graduation Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lizard Leg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Highlight reel of our trip down to the Keys June 15-23. What a wonderful week! Youngest son graduated high school and this was his grad trip, including the certification.

Finished our certification on Tuesday in the rain in the Horseshoe qaurry (5' vis!) and the weather didn't cooperate until Thursday PM for our first actual certified diver dives. Still an amazing week and already have our anniversary trip for October booked to go back!

[video=youtube_share;kFdvvQ8JVZU]http://youtu.be/kFdvvQ8JVZU[/video]

The video was making me seasick. There is way to much motion in this video. Also, what did you use to edit the video with? You might want to slow it down some. Not sure if you watched it yourself but there is just a lot of movement. Were you not able to stabilize the video recorder while shooting? Also, when panning with a video camera you need to do it slowly. I noticed that it was over 24 mins long. No one is really going to watch that much. When I shoot video, I would try and limit it around 5 mins.

Just some C&C.

Last edited:
The video was making me seasick. There is way to much motion in this video. Also, what did you use to edit the video with? You might want to slow it down some. Not sure if you watched it yourself but there is just a lot of movement. Were you not able to stabilize the video recorder while shooting? Also, when panning with a video camera you need to do it slowly. I noticed that it was over 24 mins long. No one is really going to watch that much. When I shot video, I would try and limit it around 5 mins.

Just some C&C.

I agree.. The clarity of your video is good and you have managed to capture some interesting footage but lots of it needs to go to the cutting room floor. It's okay for self/family viewing cause you were there but all the tiny (and distant) fish and sand shots need to be cut out if you are going to keep SB'ers or YouTube viewer interest.. way to much uninteresting footage and movement in between your good footage. When you find something good you should stop and hold to give the viewers time to see what you want us to see, panning so fast doesn't give the camera time to focus let alone us viewers.

I also agree, 5 minutes max..unless you something unbelievable to show (like a shark attack or Whale Shark footage) and even then, 6 to 10 tops.

Thanks for the C&C - these were our very first dives after completing certification, so we were a little excited - plus trying to hold still in the surge can be fun sometimes.

This was for the friends and family viewers - I'll edit it down to a 5 minute YT reel and repost when I can.

---------- Post Merged on July 3rd, 2012 at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 2nd, 2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

Edited down to undeer 5 minutes - a little slower and a little stabilization added in spots - go easy - it was my first time videoing while diving!

[video=youtube_share;Tu3WjEXDXqk]http://youtu.be/Tu3WjEXDXqk[/video]

Back
Top Bottom