Florida Drysuit???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic001918

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I just had a question that maybe some of the Florida divers here can answer for me. I may be moving down to Lee County next spring. This fall I was considering buying a new drysuit since I presently live in New England. Does anyone in Florida dive with a drysuit? Or would this just end up being a waste of money if I end up moving down there since it won't get used? Just want to make sure I'm not going to buy something that's not going to do me any good.
Thanks,
Shane

lots of people use dry suits down here to do cave diving, but almost no one
uses dry suits to do ocean diving

but if you're going to do any winter ocean diving, a dry suit would be sweet
for ocean diving too (i am a cold wus)

in North Florida, we get down to about 55 F water temps in the winter,
mid-80's in the summer. down south it stays warm for a much longer period
of time.

I still like using my trilam drysuit anytime there are thermoclines because it’s more adaptable to different temperatures and I won’t overheat at the surface or be too cold deep down.

Most who dive florida use wetsuits. I have a Drysuit and wetsuit. In the winter, December, Jan, and Feb, I dive mostly springs using the Drysuit. Summer it's the wetsuit. I use the drysuit in ocean water of less than 70 degrees, but most divers either stop diving in winter or use a 5mm or 7mm wetsuit. If it were me, I'd not buy the new drysuit until after I moved to Florida. Once here you will find out quickly if you require it.

isn't there that Dui drysuit, the 30/30 or something? supposed to be for warm water?

Eh it has ankle seals and won't be much use in CT anyway..

oops, i thought he wanted one for florida..never mind, read the original post wrong..

There are some who dive the Gulf during the winter months that wear drysuits. I haven't dove where the water was too cold so I can't give winter temps, but I think that low 60's are common.

I will cross post this to the Florida Conch Divers forum .

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom