Florida divers wanted for volunteer reef cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Our group will be conducting a reef clean-up on march 19th 2005 at lauderdale-by-the-sea. This is the very best beach dive in Florida and the reef is cluttered with sinkers around the Pier. Any divers willing to participate can meet us at Anglin Pier on Saturday march 19th 2005. we will meet at the north side of the pier and we will begin at 8:AM Prizes will be awarded to divers who collect the most lead !st place is a dive boat trip donated by south florida diving headquarters. This is a golden oppurtunity for divers to get out and do something positive and have allot of fun. hope to see you there!

Moved to the FL section for better coverage.

Sounds interesting if i werent doing other stuff as well. We have set up past groups to hit these clean ups for other orgs before - i am sure someone will jump on this though.

I'll definitely be there- it's right in my "side yard." It's a huge undertaking. A small group of folks from www.singledivers.com tried to do some clean up last summer & we made very little headway. I hope you can get a huge gang of divers out there to help!

Hey Sam, a shame your posting this so close to the event. We've got some of the crew already signed up for doing some dives in Boca Grande Pass over here on Thursday and Friday of this week, though I'm sure some of the Conch crew in the local area will show up to help out.

Drop me a line and lets chat about the possibility of future events :D

Awwwhhh, bummer I just saw this. I already have plans for the weekend. Good luck, and please let us know when the next clean up is.

Sounds good. I am going to try make it.

Can you tell me what I need to bring and a little more background info:
- Expected Vis
- Expected Depth
- Water Temp
- 1 or 2 Tanks
- ..etc

Thanks

I'm working a cleanup on this side of the state on the 17th and 18th. Too bad. I like Lauderdale by the sea. Will there be future events?

To summarize. We ALL would love to do a clean up and have a profound respect for such efforts to help keep the deep blue, blue.

However, there is at this same time a clean up at boca grande pass & a group dive at Splash Down Divers.

The next clean up you have post it here with a month in advance (30 days) notice and expect not less than 30 people to show up from this tight group of divers but last minute like this maybe only five.

Hope to see postings of future clean ups. I promise to pickup some trash when I dive the 19th.

Eric

Orlando Eric:
I promise to pickup some trash when I dive the 19th.
Eric
Future date??
(sorry couldn't resist)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom