Florida dive Nitrox or Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive Nitrox cause it's a badge of honor! Sort like a cape, except it's a green and yellow and makes my butt look bigger!

the only thing I put in my tanks is nitrox. friends don't let friends dive air.

Free, no? I mean as an instructor from Stuart Scuba [my shop too].

I'd be fillin with voodoo gas as well. But, I'm a customer.
I'm the odd guy out, I guess [over 50]. I dive mostly air. A lot.
Logged 14+ hours on air last month plus ~ 2 hours on nitrox. I don't notice the difference. I am pumped either way.
YMMV

Free, no? I mean as an instructor from Stuart Scuba [my shop too].

I'd be fillin with voodoo gas as well. But, I'm a customer.
I'm the odd guy out, I guess [over 50]. I dive mostly air. A lot.
Logged 14+ hours on air last month plus ~ 2 hours on nitrox. I don't notice the difference. I am pumped either way.
YMMV

there are advantages to filling your own tanks :)

I am going to do Nitrox, my 30 ft. deep dive will be treated as a 40 ft dive.
Why would you purposely limit yourself? Are you using a computer? At thirty feet you couldn't possibly come close to your ndl on air with a single tank.

I am going to do Nitrox, my 30 ft. deep dive will be treated as a 40 ft dive.

Unless you have a physical issue you're not mentioning, IMHO you are way over thinking this. Too much SB and not enough diving will do that to you. Enjoy your dives.:)

If it's a boat dive, use air. Even if you decide to use Nitrox, they likely won't wait for you to finish your dive. Plus, like other people have said, using air involves a lot less preparation. For a 30ft. dive, you probably won't want the extra hassle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom