Florida Conchers - Check in Post Wilma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OoooOoooOOO!!! We have power AND I-net/VoIP back!! The cable was actually available last night after returning... the power was restored today. :)

I'll post photo's maybe tomorrow.. I'm a bit tired from being a "Chainsaw for Hire" licensed and insured contractor out cleaning up the horticulture wreckage for people :)

Sweeeet. Do they have power at PetSmart?

If you get a chance, would you mind checking when you're out?

BeachSide here in St Lucie, minor damage and lost of power for two days. I say minor because only a few places lost a roof this time.

South of me in the City of Port St Lucie they are still without power and it might be awhile. It seems they lost a crictical part of the power distribution relay.

I agree that two full propane tanks, a grill, a coleman stove and many small tanks. Canned food and water is the way to go. If the windows stay in, the roof stays dry I can make it through.

I pushed my totes full of supplies back into the closet, hoping to leave it there until next year.

Good luck everyone..

POWER! FINALLY! I will never take it for granted again.

When was the hurricane?
Just jokin'. My peninsula is sealed in by downed power poles/lines. I am without power, but I have a fishing pole some bait and my boat is okay. This is fun. I don't care if power ever comes back! The shop (where I'm at) has electricity and internet... duh.

Make sure you register with FEMA regardless of income or housing status. I registered right after the storm, got a call from FEMA two days later, the guy came yesterday, and the check is being processed. So the generator and some other stuff is covered.
The upper management of FEMA is pretty lame, but the field guys sure are great.
www.fema.gov

Well, finally got phone/internet back at home today! (Scubaboard withdrawal was the worst!). Stayed most of the time down in Weston with Padipro, who got the luck of the draw this year and had electricity back on Wednesday morning ( 2nd day after storm). I had the nice birthday gift of getting electricity back, can't ask for more!
My condo,, as usual, weathered just fine....I'm really really starting to love this little concrete box of mine......and not even any storm shutters!
Glad to hear everyone is good so far....hope the good news continues for all the Conchs!

That's nice that you got the internet back... We have comcast... I bet it's at least another week or so before it gets restored. It's a good thing that we have internet at our store. The guy who lives downstairs from us also let me put my wireless in his apartment. He has DSL, and has his internet working. What a nice guy... People have been very nice in S. Fl since Wilma... Now if people could only learn how to make a 4-way stop correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom