FLORIDA Conch Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always thought FLORDUH was a tad more fitting considering our edukashun system is ranked 48th nationwide.

That and the stupendous news stories we export to the national news feeds.

but I digress into political argument ..... duh!

Oh what the hell, I'm a contraversial person and this needs to be said anyways....
First of all, I don't understand cave diving, I've done a few cavern dives and have seen enough springs to say that it's like diving a water filled rock. No marine life, growth, excitement, and all in all, no fun. Too much hassle for too little reward. I see these cave divers with at least thousands of dollars in training, gear, and what ever cave divers spend their money on. I don't see the point in cave diving so yes I will leave it up to the "big boys" and as far as I'm concerned you can keep cave diving!

Reel Crazy14:
Oh what the hell, I'm a contraversial person and this needs to be said anyways....
First of all, I don't understand cave diving, I've done a few cavern dives and have seen enough springs to say that it's like diving a water filled rock. No marine life, growth, excitement, and all in all, no fun. Too much hassle for too little reward. I see these cave divers with at least thousands of dollars in training, gear, and what ever cave divers spend their money on. I don't see the point in cave diving so yes I will leave it up to the "big boys" and as far as I'm concerned you can keep cave diving!

Nice attitude and very well put.:11doh:

Just like everything else, people see different things in it. Some are in it for discovery, to be the first to find something, some for the challenge, some for the beauty, some for the adrenaline rush, and some just done understand it.

I've never been cave diving, but have done quite a lot of dry caving, and I can tell you that caves are simply amazing. Some of the most beautiful sites I've ever seen have been in caves.

Reel Crazy14:

Reel Crazy14:

Thank you !
That's what I love about diving. We can each do something we love and still dive.

Jean

P.S. BTW: Leave it up to the "Big BOYS/GIRLS" too you know . :D

I have yet to find any type of diving that does not have at least some bit of interest for me even though I have done only a fraction of them. Some times to be able to say I experenced that specific of dive, which ever type that may be, is reward enough.

Reel Crazy14:
First of all, I don't understand cave diving,

I find that I must agree with this. I don't completely understand what it is about cave diving that so fascinates & intrigues me. Part of it is the focus on skills & equipment, part of it is the really great friends that I have met and dove with, part of it is the beauty of the caves that I get to see. But the most important part for me is the part that I understand the least. The mystery of this underground freshwater sea, the sense of awe of billions of gallons of water rushing past me down a large hall, the stillness of a small side room, the long passage of smooth rock followed by a section of clay bottom, the attraction that seeing all of these holds for me, I don't understand. And I hope I never do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom