Flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RyanNM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So, Joe, I have had my Sport HDII since June. My first trip with it to Roatan went great and I made 11 great dives with it. Some pix came out great; others show I have much to learn. But the camera appeared to perform very well.

My short trip a couple weeks ago to San Jose del Cabo (in part to help support their desperately struggling economy in the wake of devastating Hurricane Odile- they are suffering badly because their tourist numbers are so poor right now) is another story. My first dive had it flood. Now I've been very careful to store it with the back slightly ajar to not deform the o-ring. I've always carefully cleaned the o-ring surface and lubed it with silcone before each dive. So I couldn't see how it would flood. When I got back onboard, I examined it and, as I looked closely to the ring as I closed the back, the o-ring squeezed out of it's track right at the point where it is beneath the red closing latch, difficult to see unless really looking for it. It shouldn't squeeze out, obviously. And it does not seem to be user-error.
I'm obviously very disappointed because I really enjoyed the camera.
What recourse do I have?
thanks,
Ryan

Aloha Ryan,

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]What is your direct email address? That sounds like a faulty Oring and we will get this taken care of for you.[/FONT][/FONT]

Had a similar experience, unfortunately. Last weekend was dive #10 for my Sport HD II, and it had performed as well as my beginner skills would allow. It flooded despite me being careful to maintain and lubricate the O-ring and close it properly. The seal looks looser than my buddy's camera case o-ring and what Ryan says has me thinking what happened to his might have happened to mine, too. I couldn't see that it had pinched, but I can't see any damage and the camera was clean. I requested a Return Authorization, via the Intova website, and I'm hoping I can get some help on this. I like that camera-- easy to use and good quality. The flooding really surprised me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom