Flooded Strobe!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregmercer

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a DC1000 kit that includes the strobe. I used it on my first dive and it worked great. Then, when I went to go use it on my second dive, I went to turn the switch to the strobe on, and the LED inside didn't light up. I then turned the strobe off and back on about five times and then it finally turned on... I went ahead and used if for my second dive and it did work. Then, when I got home (after the camera and housing had been washed with fresh water and dried) I opened the latch to the strobe and noticed some moisture in the housing :shocked2: and I couldn't get the strobe to turn off... I had to take the batteries out to turn it off. I think the seal on the switch is bad and it letting in water. This was the first time I had ever used it and my max depth was only about 65 feet. I plan on returning it on Monday but was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?

Contact Sea Life. I had a similar situation with my DC800 and they replaced the strobe no questions asked.

Pioneer Research
97 Foster Road, Suite 5
Moorestown, NJ 08057
(p) 856-866-9191

I had a leak on mine and Sealife took good care of me. I think the back
cover was warped, and didn't seal. Sent me a new one....

I had the same problem on my very first dive (strobe flooded). Sealife sent me another one no questions asked. Also, on two trips the shutter button on the camera stuck so bad that I had to put it up and rent a camera. This was the DC800. Sealife sent me the DC1000 as a replacement at no extra charge. I've taken some great photos with the camera when it is working. I actually love the camera but hope the kinks have been worked out. We'll see as I'm headed to Fiji with it in April.

Lastly, I have to applaud Sealife's customer service. The other electronics manufacturers (Sony, Samsung, Pioneer, etc) could learn a few things from them regarding customer support and backing up their items. Not many companies around that maintain that level of service.

Back
Top Bottom