Flooded camera replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver2fun

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Last summer I flooded my DC1200, which was mainly my fault.
I heard that Sealife's customer support was one of the best, so I contacted them. They said however it wasn't covered by warranty and I had to get a new one from my dealer.
I checked the price for a new camera at my dealer, and it's €300, even without a battery!
Isn't that ridiculously expensive? In the US the same camera sells for €200,-...
Is it still possible to get a cheap replacement? The flooded camera is still in my possession.

I posted before in another thread, I'm now posting it here hoping for an answer from Sealife Joe.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

Last summer I flooded my DC1200, which was mainly my fault.
I heard that Sealife's customer support was one of the best, so I contacted them. They said however it wasn't covered by warranty and I had to get a new one from my dealer.
I checked the price for a new camera at my dealer, and it's €300, even without a battery!
Isn't that ridiculously expensive? In the US the same camera sells for €200,-...
Is it still possible to get a cheap replacement? The flooded camera is still in my possession.

I posted before in another thread, I'm now posting it here hoping for an answer from Sealife Joe.

Thanks in advance!

Hello Diver2fun,

Sorry to hear about the flooded camera. As for the replacement cost, that is determeined by our distributor for the Netherlands so i couldn't help out with the pricing. Another option would be too request a refurbished/used camera from them. I am not sure what they may have in their inventory but it it possible. Hope that helps,
Joe

I contacted them, but they didn't have any for sale. I'm thinking about buying the new dc1400 with a video light, to use with the S961 I already have. I saw there's a $30 rebate at the moment, just wondering, can it be redeemed by people outside of the US?

I contacted them, but they didn't have any for sale. I'm thinking about buying the new dc1400 with a video light, to use with the S961 I already have. I saw there's a $30 rebate at the moment, just wondering, can it be redeemed by people outside of the US?

Sorry but the rebate is for US residents only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom