Flooded beloved Veo 250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:depressed:
I flooded my faithful Veo 250 (150 dives on it) on a San Diego shore dive on my Bday last week. I care for the computer with a padded case inside of a padded reg bag. The front button must have popped off on the entry, surf was big.....I pressed the button and the computer activated before our entry. Is this common? Does Oceanic have any programs or loyalty discounts for my next computer?? I tried soaking it overnight in fresh water and drying, but she is dead...... Thanks

Check with your favorite Oceanic dealer. They will probably offer you some discount but don't expect much if out of warranty.

How do you know for certain the computer is dead? If salt water got into the battery compartment, the battery would short out rather rapidly. Is it possible that only the battery is dead?

Def. check with an Oceanic dealer and see what they can do. Or call Oceanic direct and they might be able to replace it for you. I know we do an upgrade program and give a discount on a new Oceanic computer.

Back
Top Bottom