Flooded Aeris 300g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barc802

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife has a Aeris 300g and it flooded over the weekend as soon as it hit the water. It is not under warrenty any more and flooded both the computer and SPG. The battery conpatment was the only part that stayed dry. Has anyone had this problem with this computer and if so, how do I open it to dry it out? Where can I get the o-rings?

Any help would be appriciated, b/c we are diving next weekend and my wife does not want a new computer.

Sorry to hear about that. I had a customer bring one in with the exact same problem last week. Maybe they are set to implode post warranty. His was in salt so we didn't even consider trying to dry it out.

Even if you do dry it out will you really trust it?

DM

I talked to a lds and they said that it probably has a hairline crack in the bridge between the SPG and the computer. Probably happened while changing the battery.

Yea, it must be some type of time-sensitive auto failure deal. My wifes 300G failed about a month ago, showed a low battery and shut down even with new batteries. I sent it into Areis, they said they couldn't repair it, as they no longer support the 300G.

My 300G flooded about two weeks ago, turned into a mini-aquarium mid-dive. I didn't try to dry it out, just went down to our LDS (ScubaToys) and bought a pair of AIs.
Areis does have an upgrade deal, so you should be able to get discount if you have to replace it.

Yea i talk to my local dealer and they could not see where the water came in. They did tell me about the upgrade deal. It makes me feel better that I am not the only one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom