Flood insurance in SE Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
OK, so I get a bit nervous now about my UW camera since I am planning a few more trips in the next few months.
Anyhow, I am looking for insurance primarily for my camera/housing/strobe.
DAN' H2Oinsurance only cover US resident and DAN SE Asia does not seem to have any knid of insurance policy for equipment.
DEPP seems to be the only one so far that I can find. HOwever I will need to insure other diving equipment as well to qualify for flood insurance. As it stand, about $95 for all equipments (, I guess my reg/BC/dive com + camera +misc would be around $4000+) and $1900 x 0.04% = $76 for flood insurance for my camera stuffs. So the total is about $170.
My main concern is that flooded equipments will have to be shipped to a Coral Reef authorized repair center and I have no idea where they all are. I wrote to DEPP and wait to see what their response is.
Anyhow, anyone else has any idea on other insurance policy available for SE Asian residents?

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom