Flood and Equipment Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailor025

Reaction score
I was going to buy insurance tonight for my camera but DEPP was closed! So, who do you use, can I sign up at night or on a weekend?

Thanks

Rodney

Hello,

I've heard good things about DEEP and I personaly use H2OInsurance.

Ed

They are a business, open Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm Eastern time...which means they close at 3pm our central time!

I've been with DEPP for over 8 years, no reason to change. Are you leaving on a trip this weekend? Some reason you can't wait until Monday? I would suggest you download their forms and fill them out. Figuring the pricing schedules is very easy. Fax them into the eastern office. If you are leaving before Monday, you can probably include your credit card number and they will get you covered. Or call them first thing Monday from wherever you are, and give them the payment info.

I've done that. Realized the night before leaving that I had forgotten to renew my policy in time. I faxed the new info, noted some changes and gave them my CC#. I called them as soon as I got to Cozumel (from Island Photo) and was told I was already covered, have a good trip. That's one reason I stay with them year after year.

cdiver2 once bubbled...
Take a look at DAN equipment option. you can do it on line and I found it to be a good price.

Hello,

That's www.h2oinsurance.com the one that I have. I currently have a claim for theft for all my regulators and tanks.

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...
I currently have a claim for theft for all my regulators and tanks.

What happened, Ed? Did I miss something?

Dee,

To keep a jerry springer show short, brief and to protect the involved parties I will say I left my tanks and reg's at someone's house for the annual maintance and someone entered the house and cleaned up, they took an estimated $75k from the ppl who was staying there, both my regulators and 3 of my 4 tanks. Currently criminal investigations is looking into the matter. I have filed a claim with my insurance and will see how things unfolds.

Ed

Springer or not...that just plain sucks! Hope it all works out and you get your gear replaced. Better yet, they find the yahoos who did it and strangle them with your hoses! :wink:

Be sure to report your dealings with the H2O insurance. These questions come up periodically and it's good to get actual claims and settlement information.

Hello,

Yes it does suck. They have ask for a quote for replacment gear, the police report and a statement by me. So far they are super easy to work with.

Ed

I just bought a new Olympus digital and housing and will be diving with Surface Time www.surfacetime.com next weekend in San Carlos, Mexico.

Does the DAN equipment insurance cover flooding of the camera?

Is DEPP better coverage for cameras and housings?

Back
Top Bottom