Flights to Palau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bober99

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place to get decent prices on flights to Palau? I can use Continental Airline miles but it seems the availability is next to impossible to get. Prices seem to be $1800-2000 right now in the Dec/Jan months. Thanks.

I think Continental has the corner on the market.

Tim Ingersoll:
I think Continental has the corner on the market.

Yup, that's true. And with only Continental flying there, I don't expect to be seeing any bargains in the near future.

For me, Palau is my ultimate dive destination - but it's just so expensive to get there (and this from someone in the middle of the Pacific :wink: )

Try it from Rochester, New York (January, 2006)! Its a pilgrimage.

Going in February. Paid about $1,700. With a stop in Yap its another $250. Continental is the only way to go that I know of.

I flew on points once. Seems like Continental (or any other airline/route) does not make any inventory available to us who have points. Try a different destination, like Truk/Yap and be flexible on your dates. You need to book free flights 8-10 months in advance. Otherwise, the airfare is ALWAYS $1800. and that is why they fly there.

I'm flying on points in a few months. Getting tickets is no problem if you use the regular ff 'rates' which are available with no restriction in most programs, rather than the 'saver' ones.

I was reading an article in a travel mag a while back that basically said something like "quit complaining you can't get frequent flier tickets - you can, just not the 'cheap' ones. Think of the 'double' miles price as the regular price, suck it up, and consider yourself lucky when you can get the cheap ones. And use up miles before all the airlines go bankrupt or make it even harder to get tickets." I decided this was not a bad idea and have been burning miles ever since. If I can get a 'mile saver' ticket great, if not I use more miles. I won't be able to get as many free tickets overall, but at least I'm getting them, when and where I want. The non-saver tickets also seem to give you some other benefits, such as better seat selections on some airlines than the saver tickets.

Yes, I know the BIG problem with this is having enough miles...

You can also buy a cheap ticket to Japan, and then use FF miles on Continental from Japan to Palau (25K saver, 50K regular per ticket). For the US-Japan flight, look for a consolidator that specializes in Japan. They have much lower fares than the airlines or travelocity/expedia/orbitz.

Back
Top Bottom