flights to Menado from DPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Boarders!

What's the current bargain price from Denpasar to Menado? Any direct flights yet? Thanks so much
Pamela

Lion Air flies directly, every day from DPS to MDC, for approximately 450 000 IDR (ca. 43 USD)

I finally got the Lion Air website to work, it does appear they have direct flights from DPS to MDC, however the round trip price was over $200 US. (2,188,000 RP)

I finally got the Lion Air website to work, it does appear they have direct flights from DPS to MDC, however the round trip price was over $200 US. (2,188,000 RP)

Can't comment whether the non-stop is available, but that price is not really out of line. The flight is just short of 2000 miles round trip. Last year, we paid close to US $500 for a domestic Indonesian flight of about 2500 miles round trip. And it was booked by an Indonesian booking company working to get "the deal". I would personally be happy to get a $200 ticket, based on our costs last year.

Nope so sorry no direct flights......all stop in Makassar from Denapasar... price is about right but you can get promo fares for around Rp 1.800.000,00 - (this is an Gauruda promo fare where their normal economy is Rp 2.765.000,00)

Paid about USD 150 last Xmas for MDC to DPS with a change of planes and 2 hour wait in Makassar. Think it was on LionAir. Got the ticket only 3 or 4 days prior to the flight -- via the diveshop. Alternatively, if you have time and like cheap, see whether you can get an AirAsia flight to KL from MDC, and then from KL to DPS. Shouldn't be more than USD 150 for the two flights if booked well ahead. You probably need 2 Indonesian entry visa's though this way, but you can get them at both airports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom