Flights to Manado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chaztheman45

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm in the planning stage of an upcoming trip to Indo and I'm looking for some recommendations on flights to Manado from either Jakarta or Bali. Been looking around and can't seem to find any reasonable flights. Any info will be very helpful.

Hi! From Bali, there are Lion Air and Garuda. I used Lion Air (check their website for e-tickets). The flight is Denpasar-Makassar (also called Ujung Pandang), then Makassar-Manado. There is no direct flight, but you go with the same plane, and have a short stop only. Garuda has better arrival time. I stayed over one night on arrival and departure day at Aston Manado. :)
Once you are in Makassar, there are other domestic airlines flying to Manado, such as Merpati.
There is also Silk Air that flies to Manado from Singapore.

I flew Lion Air from Bali to Manado. As forewarned my flight was delayed but not canceled as others out of Bali were that day. ( Late flight to Manado) I wasn't able to book through Lion Air website but I didn't try after unlocking my debit card for use in Indo. I booked through Travelindo.com got the best rate through them, though not as good as Lion Air direct rate. The Lion Air website rates went down in the last thirty days before my booking for your info.

I'm in Lembeh right now and loving it!!! Seeing some quite amazing critters. I did dive for a week in Bunaken (some really nice walls and drift diving) and enjoyed it but I do like Lembeh more. Today the critter list included Pygmy seahorse, and Rhinopias, plus 8 different kinds of Nudibranchs.Not to mention all the others I don't recall just now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom