Flights to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have experience trying to change reservations on United? Especially with short notice. My trip is April 23 - May 1 (SFO - IAH - BON) and I have to look into coming back a day or two early. Will be calling United later today. Website doesn't show any available flights but I don't know if that means they are full, or too soon, or ??? I don't have any special status on United. I believe there is a change fee and then you have to pay any increase in airfare. Any advice?

The BON-IAH flights operate only a couple of times a week. So your option to fly out will be Apr 30 at 2:45pm via EWR (Newark) with United. Even that flight one-way is $1,192 and won't get you to SFO until in the morning of May 1st.
Otherwise, there are some really long travel options (multiple layovers) with airlines such as AeroMexico, COPA, .... on April 25, 26 & 27. All these flights are about $900 from BON to SFO.

Changing the United ticket for the flight on Apr 30 would cost you the change fee, which is usually $200 and difference in the ticket price.

Yeah, I fly too much as you can guess.

Prices for Newark to Bonaire are all over the place.
My ticket booked February 15. 520
My girlfriends ticket booked last night 625
Buddy going with us booked this morning 870
All on Newark direct flight and the same plane!

I can't hit "Like." Need a "Sympathy" button.

When are you going? Yeah, the rates depend on the availability of different fare classes and all that fun stuff.

I can't hit "Like." Need a "Sympathy" button.

Totally! I guess we all need sympathy with airlines.... and I am global services with United, still no help with rates or anything. Just rebooking is sometimes a little easier and upgrades available occasionally.

The BON-IAH flights operate only a couple of times a week. So your option to fly out will be Apr 30 at 2:45pm via EWR (Newark) with United. Even that flight one-way is $1,192 and won't get you to SFO until in the morning of May 1st.
Otherwise, there are some really long travel options (multiple layovers) with airlines such as AeroMexico, COPA, .... on April 25, 26 & 27. All these flights are about $900 from BON to SFO.

Changing the United ticket for the flight on Apr 30 would cost you the change fee, which is usually $200 and difference in the ticket price.

Yeah, I fly too much as you can guess.
I have 33 people on the 9 am April 30 flight out of EWR..arrive Bonaire around 2 pm local time. when we first booked flight 6 months ago cost was $700+.. We caught it at $ 568 and renegotiated at this lower cost for all.
United airlines..

I have 33 people on the 9 am April 30 flight out of EWR..arrive Bonaire around 2 pm local time. when we first booked flight 6 months ago cost was $700+.. We caught it at $ 568 and renegotiated at this lower cost for all.
United airlines..

The flight prices are so very tricky.... And they change daily. Earlier this week United had a special to Australia out of SEA, SFO, DTW and a couple of other airport, at ~ $500 RT. And then very next day same routes, same fare classes $1,500-$2,000. My Bonaire flights in June are around $500, heading down via IAH, and back via EWR.

I just received this in a newsletter from Den Laman:

Bonaire Travel Updates

United Airlines is offering amazingly low fares ranging from $525 - $590 from Newark to Bonaire on Saturday flights through October 2016 and Sunday flights through August 14th. The southbound Bonaire flight departs Newark (EWR) at 9:00 am, arriving in Bonaire (BON) at 1:45 pm. The return flights depart BON at 1:40 pm and arrive into EWR at 6:45 pm. United is also offering airfare as low as $447 on their non-stop Houston-Bonaire flight, for travel during September and October. The southbound Bonaire flight departs George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) on Saturdays at 1:00 pm, arriving in Bonaire International Airport (BON) at 6:50 pm. The northbound return flight departs BON on Sundays at 7:30 am, arriving in IAH at 11:35 am. Current rates for connecting gateways: •Denver (DEN): $425 •Chicago (ORD): $451 •Los Angeles (LAX): $493 •San Francisco (SFO): $523 •Phoenix (PHX): $577.

These fares were valid as of Monday, July 25, 2016 and are subject to change. To check availability and fares from your gateway city, visit United's web site by clicking here.

Effective October 30, 2016, KLM will extend service to Bonaire with an additional flight on Sunday. These flights will be operated using an Airbus 330-300 with room for 292 passengers. This means 3 non-stop flights from Amsterdam to Bonaire on Thursday, Friday and Sunday and 3 non-stop flights from Bonaire to Amsterdam on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. The other way is with a short stop on Aruba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom