Flights to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our preferred week is actually Aug 13-20, Sat - Sat due to family member schedules. I normally fly United through Newark and that week the flight is currently $1202. Delta through Atlanta is also the same price. I could fly through Houston for $1000 but it is a lot longer flight and we wouldn't arrive until 7pm on Saturday night. surprisingly like you said the costs come considerably down later in August and Sept after kids go back to school.
Go Aug 14-21 Sun-Sun on Delta....just $638

Just booked Tuesday July 26th New York to Curaçao on jet blue. Curaçao to Bonaire on Divi Divi and returning on the direct flight back to Newark on United on the August 6 th for $$512.
Just got back from 3 weeks there and that airfare was 845.

We always fly the mid week flights just to save the money.. We leave on the 23rd next week from Boston .. Always go for at least 2 weeks and don't have to rush to get the first days diving in... Happy to get in to the house and go shopping and relax... Oh, And our tickets were $530 each round trip..

Jim...

I'm trying to book from Boston for the week of 10/15-10/22 for a trip sponsored by a local dive shop, but the tickets are $964 through Atlanta, $1009 through Newark. They are a little cheaper through Houston, but that adds 5 hours of flight time for a savings of only $130.

Flying on Jet Blue through Aruba seemed about the same. We may have to skip the dive shop trip.

I'm trying to book from Boston for the week of 10/15-10/22 for a trip sponsored by a local dive shop, but the tickets are $964 through Atlanta, $1009 through Newark. They are a little cheaper through Houston, but that adds 5 hours of flight time for a savings of only $130.

Flying on Jet Blue through Aruba seemed about the same. We may have to skip the dive shop trip.
?? UA through Houston is only 2 1/2 h more than DL through ATL. It gets in 5h later, but leaves BOS 2 1/2 h later.

I'm trying to book from Boston for the week of 10/15-10/22 for a trip sponsored by a local dive shop, but the tickets are $964 through Atlanta, $1009 through Newark.

You may be trying to book flights too early. If you can keep an eye on them they should come down.

I was looking at the total travel time that the airline estimates from Boston- so it is 7hrs 40 min through Atlanta or Newark, but over 12 hours through Houston. It might be because of more layover time via Houston.

Having never done this before- how early/late do most people book their flights?

I was looking at the total travel time that the airline estimates from Boston- so it is 7hrs 40 min through Atlanta or Newark, but over 12 hours through Houston. It might be because of more layover time via Houston.

Having never done this before- how early/late do most people book their flights?
Well, we are clearly looking at different flights though Houston!
upload_2016-3-1_14-52-45.png

This year we set up our trip really late - about a month before. The prices for Delta's Tuesday flights stayed consistently reasonable at $729 from Michigan. Usually we set up our trips 2 to 3 months out. But it's just my buddy and I. That would be hard to do with a larger group, admittedly.

I've booked early and booked late. A lot depends on your travel date flexibility. Sometimes you can catch a deal (many times only available for a very short time and are easy to miss, even if you are diligent), but lately I personally have done better booking early. I've seen prices sky rocket as you get close to the travel date if you have a particular flight in mind (such as not wanting flights arriving late on island and all the additional hassles that go with it). Plus booking early has the psychological bonus of having that part of the planning done and over with so I can move on to the fun part. That's worth a little bit to me, unless you like torturing yourself by continuing to check prices to see how much better you could have done. That's a special type of masochism. :) YMMV...good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom