Flights out of Cancun to Chetumal or Mahahual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbosullivan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I see that JetBlue has cheap flights to Cancun out of JFK.
Unfortunately, I'm not looking to stay in Cancun- I want to check out the Chinchorro banks.
Anyone know the frequency/price of flights out of Cancun to Mahahual or Chetumal?
Thanks in advance.

Best bet is to rent a car in Cancun and drive. Roads are in good shape. Drive is only about 4 hours from Cancun. Have done the drive plenty of times.

There is charter service only to Mahahual thru AeroSaab. There is no regular service, yet.

The domestic flight in Mexico will most likely cost you the same as the international flight. Also baggage restrictions are different than international. Most domestic are max of 2 bags at a total of the 2 bags 25 kg total (about 50 pounds). Any excess over 25 kg will really cost.

Maya Palms resort in Mahahual at www.mayapalms.com they sometimes will pick you up in cancun and they are at Costa Maya/Mahahual Mx just off the Banks.

Back
Top Bottom