Flights from Houston to Sorong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last Houston-Jakarta roundtrip ticket was $688.

On our last trip, we arrived in Jakarta at 10:15 am & left to Ambon around midnight (to Sorong is about the same time too). We stayed in FM7 hotel for $50/night to nap & shower, before continuing with the domestic flight.

Houston - Jakarta R/T $688 on SingAir AWESOME. I would take that in a heartbeat (except that this big guy needs Economy Plus)

+1 for staying overnight after (or in the midst of) the international flight. We go through Taiwan on EVA and get an 11 hour layover, during which time we get a but of sleep IN A BED.

- Bill

Hi everyone. Many thanks for the suggestions and good discussions. I went ahead and booked Singapore Air from Houston to Singapore (on SQ51 via Manchester). Then stay overnight and take Garuda from Singapore - Jakarta - Makassar - Sorong. Return trip is same in reverse. Cost was about $670 + $400 r/t. Could have saved a bit by taking SingAir all the way to Jakarta, but would rather hang around Singapore on the layover cushion day. I like going both in and out of Jakarta on Garuda, same terminal. And if something messes up, Garuda appears to have enough alternate flights that they can get me from Singapore to Sorong one way or another. Looking forward to this trip in November 2018. All the best!

Hi everyone. Many thanks for the suggestions and good discussions. I went ahead and booked Singapore Air from Houston to Singapore (on SQ51 via Manchester). Then stay overnight and take Garuda from Singapore - Jakarta - Makassar - Sorong. Return trip is same in reverse. Cost was about $670 + $400 r/t. Could have saved a bit by taking SingAir all the way to Jakarta, but would rather hang around Singapore on the layover cushion day. I like going both in and out of Jakarta on Garuda, same terminal. And if something messes up, Garuda appears to have enough alternate flights that they can get me from Singapore to Sorong one way or another. Looking forward to this trip in November 2018. All the best!

Next time, you can also look into doing a stopover in Singapore for free or very little money. Check the fare rules...That way, you can still hang out in Singapore on the layover cushion day. However, to your point, by flying Garuda it leaves you with more options in case something goes wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom