Flight Prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiffany

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that prices to Central America seemed to drastically increase just within the past few days? Does anyone have any suggestions for finding cheaper fares for a March trip or know if it's silly to wait to book until fares (potentially) decrease? ;-)

Yeah, they do that all the time. I got flights to Costa Rica last year for $300 before taxes, and when a friend bought his fiance a ticket about a month before we left, her ticket was $800 before taxes. I usually find a cheap flight, and then do my vacation around that. You should set up an account with Travelocity or someone like that and then set up fare alerts. They e-mail you everytime the price goes up or down more than a set amount of $.

Never wait til the last minute unless you can wait to the very last minute (like 2-3 days) We purchased our tickets to Bonaire for 545/each. One year ago we could have gone for 325.00.

I agree with Kent above. Plan your vacation around the tickets and you can save alot of $$. Travelocity is good but we have also been very successful with Orbitz.

Airline websites are good too. If you sign up for fare alerts you can get web specials that only the airline will offer you on their mailing list. I know Taca does this, but also check Continental, Delta and American. If you want better prices we need more flights, so e-mail your favorite airlines and request Roatan flights. I know my airline is considering it (Alaska airlines- it would be great to have a flight from the west coast), and they are always happy to receive input from passengers, so feel free to drop them a line on their website www.alaskaair.com

Flights to the Bay Islands from the west coast would be AWESOME! It usually takes us 24-30 hours from start to finish to get from Oregon to anywhere in Honduras. I'll post a comment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom