Flight MNL to Caticlan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TLB2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and daughter are planning a short excursion to Boracay in early June. Any recommendation for which airline to go with? Looks like they could go on AirPhil Express, PAL, Cebu Pacific, or SEair. Leaning towards AirPhil Express or PAL based on just the price we've seen so far; the difference in price isn't that great so we might need to reconsider if one isn't as reliable as another.

Daughter isn't planning to do much diving, so to limit luggage weight she's only bringing her mask, snorkel, fins, dive skin, and wrist computer. Planning to dive with either Calypso or Free Willy -- anyone having any experience with their rental gear that they could comment on would be great.

Im going with Cebu Pacific next month. Expensive flight compared to the rest of the islands.

Just finished a few days diving with Calypso. Great service, good team, equipment was good versus most places I have rented from (lots of new octopuses etc). Also, they are in a good place on the beach, near Boat Station 3 and away from all the noise (and boy is it noisy at night down near Free Willy). If diving with them and they are not into the party scene then stay more towards BS3 . . . but it is going to be a 15-20 minute walk each way. If you do want real peace and quiet then I have heard good things about Mango Ray Divers which is in a lovely location beyond BS3.

All airlines much of a muchness. We flew SEAir. It is the fastest flight by a long way. The plane landed, emptied and was back in the air in 15 minutes. Left early. Have used them a couple of times. The excess baggage limit is less strictly enforced and cheaper as well. Had a fiend delayed for 5 hours due to a cancelled CPA flight . . . but all airlines have their ups and downs on delays. Could have been us I guess.

The only considerations you might want to make are

- international connection at T3, SEAir fly into the old domestic terminal. A 120PHP ride to T3. Takes about 5 minutes
- SEAir guarantee free transport to and from Kalibo if the plane is diverted due to weather which means you still get to Boracay. They also I think include the boat trip in their fare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom