Flight connection at Manado to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chivalry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I booked a liveaboard on Jan 2011 to Raja Ampat. I'm now searching for flight options. There is a very temtative one:

Silk Air from Singapore to Mandao arrive at 13:05
Then Lion Air from Manado to Sorong departs at 14:25.

Did anyone try this connection? Is the 1:20 enough for baggage,custom, Visa on Arrival and check-in?

Thanks a lot...

When is your LOB picking you up? Manado is a better place to spend an overnight than Sorong...

Last edited:
It is doable but... It will help if you are at the head of the line for the Visa on Arrival. Once you have that the rest of the process is very fast. Personally I would not do it because I would not like the stress. I fly SIN-MDC three or four times a year and the majority of the time the flight is on time or early. You will probably need to pay a domestic departure tax for the Manado airport. Once again, not time consuming.

You should also factor in that Lion Air flight to Sorong(So Wrong) will probably be late leaving to. The only internal flight that is on time is the first of the day and that is probably 50-50. LOL

If you're stuck with that itinerary, then I would recommend getting the Visa months in advance before embarking on your flights. I had an interminable wait in the Visa on Arrival/Immigration Line in Jakarta last month (although if I remember correctly, the Immigration queue in Manado on a previous trip out that way was not as long a wait or as crowded).

Thanks a lot, everyone. It seems I have a great chance to be able to catch the flight :)

My boat will depart on the next day (Jan 6). So I have the option to stay overnight at Manado then take the Express Air in the early morning (6:00AM). But it's so early, that's why I want to catch the Lion Air flight...

I'd much rather spend the night in Manado then in Sorong(So Wrong). The only thing bad about express air is there is no leg room.

ExpressAir. I remember them only too well. The smallest amount of space between seats on any airplane ever. Make life a bit easier, get visa in advance vice on arrival.

I did trip Jan 2009, but planned on arriving 2 days early in Sorong [despite miserable hotels there]. Good thing. Without notice, the President commandered the whole plane at the last moment for a surprise trip to Sorong. Guess they have no Air Force One.
I flew next day. Boats don't wait.
Oh, he took over the hotel too, and I got sent to the "next best" one. Truly a miserable place to stay, though had electricity and running water [plus standing water, bathroom was always an inch deep in it.

Thanks for all the information. I had the same exact question. We were trying to avoid the transit overnight anywhere in order to maximize time in Singapore and then board the boat. I'll look into getting the visa in advance. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom