Flex arm and tray qustion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tjack

Contributor
Reaction score
Taos, New Mexico and Georgian Bay, Ontario
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking at buying an Inon D-2000. My question is why do Trays and Arms cost so damn much???

Backscatter has a package deal but for the tray, flexarm and fiber optic cable tack on $250.

Does the Inon come with a fiber optic synch chord?

Can anyone recommend a good deal on a Flex arm and tray?

What else will I need to use this strobe with an Olympus 7070?

Thanks T

DIY
McMaster Carr (and ebay- if you want the fancy black flex) can sell you everything you need (or is shown below). The strobe mount is the only "challenging" part, and it can be made fancy or simple, or purchased/adapted.

Canon-Tray-1.JPG

P10206991.JPG

Hi,
check here Underwater Photo Video Gear.
This stuff should be available for shipping in Jan 2012,
Photo / Video section seems to be updated every week, in addition there will be a camera base, lights etc.
I've emailed the store and approximate prices they gave me were more then affordable especially for used materials like carbon fiber etc,
and gear looks really good.

Good luck.
shorty

There are three sizes of loc-line arms (Modular Hose is your friend here, better than McMaster for these at least). The large ones certainly are fine for a D2000 underwater.
Bill

I don't know how a D2000 compares to a YS-90 which is pretty heavy, but I too would think that the 3/4" LL would work.

Modular Hose may save you a buck or 2 on the LL (& MH has the black), but you can also get everything else at McMaster;
-Aluminum bar for Tray(s)
-Plastic Rod, tube, or pipe or for handles & strobe mounts
-SS Threaded inserts for handles
-Handle Grips
-SS Thumb Screws
-Re-useable cord ties
-Misc Hardware, etc.
-Tools as needed
*They even have some fiber-optic cables & parts, but I've not gone there.

If you want to get lower priced arms, BigBlue makes standard flex arm components for significantly less than the "popular" brands. I just bought 2x 8" lengths for $25 each from amazon. Optical Ocean Sales also has their own line of parts made for lighter strobe units, but some of them could easily be used along with the more re enforced versions from other makers without any issues. They're also reasonably priced. You can get a 8" arm length for $10.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom