Flathead 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DIN model is shipping now to dive shops....

The yoke model will be shipping in late, late March...or maybe a couple days into April. To be totally honest, we are waiting on the "shiny" yoke bolts to be finsihed and they are running way behind. We have shipped some with the "satin" yokes to people who "just gotta have one NOW!" so that is an option for the impatient...but the shiny yoke sure looks a lot nicer, in my opinion, so it is worth the wait.

There you have it.

I picked up my "satin" yoke model last night and I think it looks great. I also picked up my Z Octo and Ranger BCD. On my way home I saw an open spot in the ice by a pond outlet and thought "Well, it is a cold water reg", but decided to wait for the first test dives next week in Coz.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the Zeagle equipment that I just bought. I can't wait to get it in the water.

I picked up my "satin" yoke model last night and I think it looks great. I also picked up my Z Octo and Ranger BCD. On my way home I saw an open spot in the ice by a pond outlet and thought "Well, it is a cold water reg", but decided to wait for the first test dives next week in Coz.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of the Zeagle equipment that I just bought. I can't wait to get it in the water.

I dont think you'll be dissapointed. Zeagle makes some of the highest quality gear you'll ever see, and if there is a problem, they stand behind their products and always try to take care of the customer first.

got mine on march 11th, and dove them yesterday at mount storm. very pleased with the quality and performance of the regulator. also i think the placement of the ports are excelent. i will use mine mostly on a set of doubles, but will use them every so often with a single tank. i have the ability to point all my hoses down for my second stages and pressure gauge, and the inflator hoses come out of the middle port and go right to the inflator attachment. if you are still waiting for yours it is well worth the wait. and if you are debating on going to get one, i suggest you do.

After 16 dives last week in Cozumel, I give the Flathead 7 two thumbs up. To say that it breathes much better than my previous reg (Sherwood Blizzard) would be an understatement. I played around a little with the adjusting knob on the second stage at depth, but there was no need to; at 101' or 500 psi, I was sipping air with the control dialed all the way back. I had the same results with the Z Octo as well. It drew several covetous looks on my dive boat and at the rinse tanks.

After 16 dives last week in Cozumel, I give the Flathead 7 two thumbs up. To say that it breathes much better than my previous reg (Sherwood Blizzard) would be an understatement. I played around a little with the adjusting knob on the second stage at depth, but there was no need to; at 101' or 500 psi, I was sipping air with the control dialed all the way back. I had the same results with the Z Octo as well. It drew several covetous looks on my dive boat and at the rinse tanks.

Anyone can compare it to Flathead VI ?

I have just ordered my second Flathead VI for almost half the price of the 7 and would love to know where I have lost :popcorn:

The Flathead VI is heavier...I think that's where you lost out. :wink:

In our Ontarian waters I see it more like a plus :D

Funny you mention that, when I first got my Flathead VI's for my doubles, to replace the mish mash of regs I had been using before, it took me about 3 dives to sort out my trim issues, because I was suddenly head heavy with 2 FH VI first stages up high. I do like them now that I got it sorted out. A little extra weight is rarely bad when I'm wearing a drysuit and heavy undergarments.

Back
Top Bottom