Flashing pressure digits on vt4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps it lost signal from the transmitter or maybe the battery in the transmitter is weak?

It will definitely flash the last known pressure if it loses its connection with the transmitter. It has happened to me infrequently on a dive, just put your arm near the first stage for a few seconds, and it will reconnect. If it happens with any regularity I would change the battery in the transmitter.

Mark

I'll try moving my arm if it happens again.
It
Is brand new. First dive on it.
Doesn't mean the battery couldn't be weak though.

Is the transmitter on the same side of the regulator that you wear the computer on? Sometimes that helps.

I initially had my XMTR on the right side and wear the computer on my left forearm. It would lose signal regularly, so I moved XMTR to left side and SPG/BU computer/Compass console to right side.

Works for me.

Now have both on same side.
Works better. Sometimes get blank on air pressure.
Hit the back light button, pressure comes on.

Dove again tonight.
Same problem. If I put my wrist up by the tx, it comes back on.

Does anyone from oceanic monitor this sub forum?

If you are looking to get ahold of Oceanic, call them (use the toll free number on their website). They have given great service over the phone, but electronic communication with them is dreadful, trust me, don't get frustrated waiting and just give them a call. If I were you, I would change the battery in the transmitter. Its a simple easy fix that if it works is way less time, effort and money than processing a warranty claim if it is just the battery. If that doesn't work, then deal with warranty.

Called. Told me could be tx or battery. Offered to send me out battery. I told them it would be easier for me to just get one. So I'll try that.
If no change, they will send me a new tx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom