Flamingo Tongue picture from St Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like it :D.
Flamingo tongues are a dime a dozen out here, should make good macro subjects :).

It's a beautiful picture.

Though was the fan really blue, or is the color balance off? They're usually purple...

JamesD:
Took this last week in St Thomas

Beautiful picture ... and I love the color contrast with the coral.

I love these little snails ... took several pics of them on our ScubaBoard in Bonaire trip a couple months ago. Here's my favorite one ...

Flamingos_01.jpg

Did you know that the shell is actually white ... and that the pattern is only a film that they can "retract"? I found that out in Bonaire, when I noticed some with white, or partly white shells ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not sure what color the fan was, it was taken with white balance on my camera, and then "quick fixed" in Paintshop pro, so the fan may not be an accurate representation of the colour (in fact nothing may be but...)

Yes, I did find out yesterday from another site (when I was checking the name of the Flamingo Tongue) that the color on shell is in fact part of the foot and is for breathing purposes, very interesting stuff.

Back
Top Bottom