Flaming Gorge Trip!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Let's get this planned on on the books.

I'll talk to some of the Local Denverites that I see on a regular basis.

The only issue I foresee is if we are using a boat, and 15 people end up going, we are going to have some issues fitting onboard.

Anyone have a boat they want to bring to the party??

In any event, I'll be out of town most likely the first week in Aug, but lets plan on something mid/late Aug. I'm thinking take a day or two off and make it a long weekend.

We can rideshare. I can drive and I have a HUGE truck, so I can fit two in luxury, or four with a bit of leg squeeze (F250 Extended Cab) and as MUCH gear as necessary. Heck, I can get MUCH more than gear for four, so maybe if someone else wants to take a car, they can pack four people inside, and I can handle the gear.

In any event things we need to plan are:

1. Dates.
2. Where to stay... Camping would be fine with me.. or I think Green River is close?
3. Air? I don't own tanks, and renting enough for two or three days of diving can get expensive, plus they do take up space.
4. Boat? Anyone dying to get their boat wet?

We have a lot of time to work this stuff out, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling....

I might be interested, but I know absolutely nothing about where you are going. :)

Clue me in?

RonFrank:
We have a lot of time to work this stuff out, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling....

What a great idea for a road trip!! I didn't know you could dive there. Sometime in August sounds about right for planning purposes, and I'm definately interested.

I have a rather large Honda van which will carry four people and a TON of gear comfortably. I would also be happy to assist with the planning or other tasks if Ron is willing to honcho this thing.

Hasn't been much traffic on this thread, but I'm still hoping it'll work out and we'll be able to join...

Are there any dive shops in the area, or are we going to have to bring all of our stuff with us? What about hotels for people who don't like to camp? I'm not one of them, but my friends are.

Wijbrandus:
Hasn't been much traffic on this thread, but I'm still hoping it'll work out and we'll be able to join...

Are there any dive shops in the area, or are we going to have to bring all of our stuff with us? What about hotels for people who don't like to camp? I'm not one of them, but my friends are.

I sent a PM to Newt, as it was his suggestion, and he had dove it.

I know of several people in the Denver area that are interested in going. I just have not had time to do research, and was hoping to get a reply back.

If we don't get response soon, I'll PM a few of the Denver people, and start trying to work out dates, and plans.

I was planning on making a trip up there this summer so count me in. There is a dive shop in Vernal which is about 40 miles away.

I think the trip would be fun. I can only get four people (encluding me) in my dive boat (not modified to dive boat status yet).
I was talking to my wife and we think it would be a good trip for us to do as a camping outing too. I'll have to get back to you guys.
On a side note, I'm trying to find some "T" bottles right now. If I can find two or three, I will be able to fill tanks on location. I do paintball air fills, some of the guys have 4500 psi cylinders. This would allow me to kill two birds with one stone. I can also do Nitrox fills. I have a nice whip that I can fill anything with.
I'm advanced EAN certified as well as a PCI vis inspector/FSO (fill station operator) certified. So I'm even trained, wooof wooof.......

asta
Greg

Back
Top Bottom