FL Panhandle Dive Buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

I'm new the forum and new to the Pensacola, FL, area. I had been looking forward to going out with one of the various charters in the area, but COVID shutdowns have put a damper on those plans. I up for traveling between the Perdido/Pensacola area to Destin, Fort Walton, Panama City or other places within a similar radius on most weekends and some weekdays. If anyone in the area is interested in a dive buddy or has any inspiration on places to go in the midst of the shutdowns, please let me know. I know this might be a faux pas topic.

Thanks,

You may have some luck here, there are a few members I know are diving but not a lot posting about it. You can try FB for local groups too, but same there.

I just moved to Port St. Joe. Looking at some dive spots too. Was going to try St. Andrews a few days ago, but they had filled up. I've been snorkeling at St. Joseph Peninsula State Park and was surprised at how much I saw. We are going to start fishing around Tyndall bridge with the boat and hoping to find some spots to dive around there.

I just moved to Port St. Joe. Looking at some dive spots too. Was going to try St. Andrews a few days ago, but they had filled up. I've been snorkeling at St. Joseph Peninsula State Park and was surprised at how much I saw. We are going to start fishing around Tyndall bridge with the boat and hoping to find some spots to dive around there.

St Andrews is highly underrated. I have had some really good dives there but it is dependent on what the tide is doing.

St Andrews is highly underrated. I have had some really good dives there but it is dependent on what the tide is doing.

From what I am seeing in some pics and videos you are right. We will be hitting it soon. As I understand it, try to hit when the tide is high, correct?

Slack high tide is what I try to shoot for. There is a good app that I use called "tides near me" that has St Andrews (plus lots of others) listed.

Finally got to snorkel the jetties. It was gorgeous, so many fish. There was a group of divers that attempted it and couldn't, but not near slack tide. Will definitely go again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom