FL Keys mini-season fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or you could just inflate your drysuit and surface...

If that works. I know from experience that many drysuits can't hold much excess air before it bubbles past the neck seal.

if you have a properly weighted rig, it only takes a few bursts of air to make you positively buoyant.

YMMV

Sometimes in an emergency the only option is to remove your BC. This is a skill that is taught to all our open water students, but sadly is not practiced very much after there initial class. Guess this is a good indication why that might be a good skill to review.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family for their loss.

Good/Safe Diving,
Capt Gary

if you have a properly weighted rig, it only takes a few bursts of air to make you positively buoyant.

+1!

Or exhale into the manual inflator. (For those that still dive BCs with manual inflators...)

Something that a LOT of people, even those who HAVE manual inflators, forget about in a panic situation - I know before this thread I hadn't much thought about it - sort of makes me want to paint my manual inflator mouthpiece neon orange.

+1!

Or exhale into the manual inflator. (For those that still dive BCs with manual inflators...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom