FL Keys and Lobsters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I will be going down to the Keys for a week vacation at the beginning of this August. I am aware that lobster season starts on August 6th and I will have to get 3 days nonresident fishing license with crawfish stamp on it, correct? That will cost me about 8.50 dollars.

Now, where do you usually get those critters? :14: I know those protected areas probihits lobstering. I am hoping it will be somewhere in Key Largo or Isamorada.

Thanks in advance.

Been a long time since I did any lobstering in the Keys but back then we would swim out to the concrete pillings at the base of of the brides (like the 7 miler) and pull them up there. What you'll see up and down the reef are the little styrofoam pods floating on the surface marking the commercial traps. Best bet is to stay well away from those. They don't take kindly to poachers.

'Slogger

Check out the FWC website for rules.Monroe county has exclusion areas of all sorts.I'd try the 20' range either in Hawk channel or just before the reef.We'll be there at that time too.In Tavernier.

Yeah, I did researched on rules in FL and I am totally prepared to follow the laws. I just wanted to know where are the bugs for me to put it on the plate? :D

Tom Winters, so you park at the beginning or at the end of 7 mile bridge and swim along the bridge?

Also call a few of theops -let them know you wanna lobster and if they have enough folks they'll take you to some of the places where its legal.

netmage:
Also call a few of theops -let them know you wanna lobster and if they have enough folks they'll take you to some of the places where its legal.

But don't depend on Netmage to actually CAPTURE the lobsters that you find for him...he manages to actually catch about 50%....:D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom