Fizziness(update)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfisher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, as per Perone's suggestion I downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas Platinum 8 and have been playing with it. Used my first 53 minute Bonaire tape and editied it down to 18 minutes. So far so good.

I got to a point that I wanted to save it to file and did so. Also wanted to burn it to disc and tried it. Up pops this message "The operation does not support this drive". DUH? Anyway, I dicked around and finally got a window showing that a burn was in progress and it would take about 1 hour and 40 minutes to burn. Later the window pops up that the burn is completed.

I took the disc and popped it in my DVD player and NOTHING. Player says "Can't play this disc". OK, so I pop it into my computer and everything is black. No video.
Did the same thing in my laptop.

Any suggestions?

Perrone, where are you? I'm very frustrated.

Barry

I misquoted the first error message. It was "Operation not supported by this drive".

The DVD burner is a LiteOn DX20-A.

You're going to have to tell me, or take screenshots of how you made the disk. I've never done that from Vegas, always from DVD Architect.

Alternately, you could render the files to mpeg2 and AAC or PCM, and use something like Nero to burn the DVDs.

But tell me how you did it, and I'll try to help.

OK, I didnt know about the Architect thing. I did get prompted and ownloaded a trial version of that, too. Although I got prompted to reder to Architect and did so I didn't know what it was for. Maybe if I just part with the money and get the full version I'd have a manual to read.

I also have Nero and I think I did drap and drp the file from my video folder to Nero and ig I remember right I got the same results.

I do see that I need to pay more attention to anything I do so I can post in more detail.

By the way, I like the FX part of Vegas, but it's got a lot more than I'll ever use or learn to use. Same goes for transitions and effects. Much more than ever needed, but I guess that can be said for all programs.

I'll play some more and see what happens. Perrone, you are a help and I appreciate it.

Barry

Man, the Pro version has WAY more tools than what you're looking at. I've been using it for years and am still learning new stuff on it! :)

If you get more specifics about what you're doing, I can help you. If you decide to buy the software, there is a book out there you NEED to get. It's THE guide to working with Vegas and it's very complete.

You know what? I think I'll get the book first. I'm leaving for Florida saturday morning so I'll get a rest from this computer and Ill read the book during surface intervals. I'm leaving the camera and camcorder at home, too.

Barry

What part of FL? If you're in N. Fl., stop by and say hello!

Where are you located. I'll be visiting my mother in Frostproof just north of Lake Wales, but I have an ide we'll end up near a beach for about three days. Most likely at Singer Island, just east of West Palm Beach. Of course, I'm flexible. Yeah, maybe stop by for some lessons.

I'm learning more and more. Just found out today that there is a lot of difference between a Pentium and Celeron processor of the same speed. I'm starting to learn a lot.

I just downloaded Power Director to my laptop to play while I'm down south, but it's a 1.6GHZ Celeron so I think it's going to end up being a joke.

On another thought, what's the name of the book you mentioned up above? I'm sure there's a book store somewhere in Florida.

Barry

Back
Top Bottom