fixing a console to your arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Folks I decided to buy a sherwood wisdom AI computer. easy to use and does what I need it to do except once again there it is on my console tucked away. So then whilst on a dive i rested it on the inside of my left wrist. It got me to thinking. If the hose ran along your arm and it and the consol was held on by something as simple as rubber bands could it be I'm sure theres a logical reason why you can't or even shouldn't do this but I keep looking and seeing a simple solution.

It would restrict moving your arm across your body. You may need a longer hose.

I keep my 3 bay inline console on a short bungee, bolt snapped to my left shoulder D ring. it's right there to navigate and check other data. It's always where i can find it and I rely just take it in the crook of my hand.

If you console includes your compass aligning the lubber line may be a bear lashed to your arm as described.

Pete

It would restrict moving your arm across your body. You may need a longer hose.

Ditto on the hose length... If the compass is part of the console a 36 inch hose is a must have item. The 30 inch is too restrictive. I learned this early on. My wife totally agreed when she finally gave me the green light to upgrade her's. If the compass is not included 30 inch should be fine.

Pete

What if you need to doff your BCD & tank for some reason?

I've thought of doing this with a long miflex hose, attaching by velcro glued to console. Sans compass. Will try this out whenever I can get back into diving.

What if you need to doff your BCD & tank for some reason?
well then the rubber bands are a goneburger.-I'm talking those lil 1/8 inch wide bands. Just enough to hold it there for quick reference

A few years ago, my wife, wearing full gear, tripped and did a face plant. The one bright spot was that I had broken her of the habit of attaching her spg to her right shoulder. That would have been one more thing to clear before we got the bcd and tank off of her.

Make your rescue easier by keeping the center line of your gear as clear as possible. Attaching your gauges to your left arm would be very unusual and might confuse people trying to help you.

My rule is to minimize confusion when things go south.

driftwood is right, keeping the center line of your gear 'clear' is great advice! I NEVER do 'cross clipping' of gear across the chest/torso area, makes getting out of gear a clean/simple process versus being caught up in a spider's web of interlocking/interwoven hoses/clip offs which can be a major issue when things go 'pear-shaped' !

To the OP's credit he wasn't talking about cross clipping his gear.

Here are the big problems I see with the proposal. If the console is lightly attached, there will be problems with giant strides/back rolls on entry and it will behave badly in strong currents. If the console is securely attached, one more problem to deal with in an accident.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom