Fixed "flash fog" problem with reffmaster digital camera.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I first purchased my reefmaster, I realized that with the housing, the camera seemed to have a foggy lense with a flare in the upper left corner of any photo. After a few minutes of tinkering with the housing, I realized that the see through plastic of the housing itself was allowing light to diffuse throughout the housing, and letting it into the area near the lense. This tended to flare it out.

I carefully took some black paint, and covered the area about a quarter inch around the flash area, (although I suggest painting the entire inner housing) and after taping off the flash diffuser, I got that little slanted ledge that leads down to the diffuser screen. That little slanted area allowed the light to diffuse throughout the housing at will, and now that it's painted over, pictures no longer have that flare. It took me a while to get around to posting this fix-it tip, but I hope it helps another reefmaster owner get the most out of their camera. It may no be the best on the market, but darnit, it's what I've got right now, and I'm going to get everything out of it I can.

Very good tip, Tao. Black electricians tape will do the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom