Fix for narrow feet? Converse? Other shoes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have relatively narrow feet and the lace up ALTAMA MARITIME ASSAULT - MID BOOTS have worked very well with my open heel fins. The construction is more robust than the CT’s and they are designed for shore diving. It also has a thick insert you can remove to provide additional space for the bulk of a drysuit or thick socks/booties. I typically dive full foot fins (Mako freediving or Mares Avanti Quattro) and use neoprene socks/booties to fill the void.

I have relatively narrow feet and the lace up ALTAMA MARITIME ASSAULT - MID BOOTS have worked very well with my open heel fins. The construction is more robust than the CT’s and they are designed for shore diving. It also has a thick insert you can remove to provide additional space for the bulk of a drysuit or thick socks/booties. I typically dive full foot fins (Mako freediving or Mares Avanti Quattro) and use neoprene socks/booties to fill the void.

Thanks I will give them a try

Saw your in NC, I am in Waxhaw, NC

Jets are too wide for my feet. I had better luck with the Hollis F1 LT fins.

11.5B checking in. Not only skinny feet but typically right between sizes for most fins. Stumbled upon the combo of Fourth Element Amphibian/ScubaPro Go Sport. Haven't been able to find a better fit. Fully admit to being a new diver but the data point is still valid.

With pretty much any thinsole bootie my toes will hit the end of the foot pocket and the fins wobble around on my feet. Went to the FE boot for the arch support as I constantly fight plantar fasciitis. This meant moving up to XL in fin size. I decided to try the GoSpors based on a review here. They may not be the best at any one thing but they seem to do everything well enough. They certainly don't limit my skillset.

The trick with the GoSports are open toe and flexible foot pocket. Once they are on they are, for me, just an extension of the boot. Trying to add photos with Marex Quatro+ for comparison. The Mares fit and work but always feel like they are leveraged too far out on my foot

Size 11 FE Amphibian in XL Mares Quatro +
IMG_0007.JPG

Same boot in XL Go Sport
IMG_0008.JPG

Toe view of FE boot in Go Sport
IMG_0009.JPG

Size 11 3mm Aqua Lung bootie in XL Go Sport
IMG_0013.JPG

Same 3mm bootie in my daughter's size Small Go Sport
IMG_0010.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG