Five drifters rescued after six hours - Seychelles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know, don't dive until you are Too Good To Fail.
More BS, They didn’t have the decency to inform the authorities where they were going and when they were due back and launched a full scale search in a country with limited resources. If you can’t provide proper boat cover don’t go offshore and stay within your limits.

This situation is the reason why I always have a Nautilus LifeLine with me while diving. $150 is pretty cheap for added safety and peace of mind. I keep on waist strap webbing on right side behind a D ring and I never even know its there.

What do you carry it in?

I used to have it in an old Sony underwater camera case. Then I want the case to be less bulky so I can put all of my safety signaling devices in BCD pockets. So, I designed a special acrylic case and had a plastic machine shop to specially made for me, as shown below.

0636D5A0-AD96-4B84-8F9B-DDD7088894A2.jpeg

Yes, @Snoweman got it. Anytime there’s current involved I think it’s prudent to deploy one’s SMB as early as possible to mark one’s location. I’m not lashed up with any particular skippers enough to entrust a successful pick up to them following my bubbles.

Yes, @Snoweman got it. Anytime there’s current involved I think it’s prudent to deploy one’s SMB as early as possible to mark one’s location. I’m not lashed up with any particular skippers enough to entrust a successful pick up to them following my bubbles.
I wonder why they did not use a reel to tow a dive flag behind them. That’s standard practice in Florida

This situation is the reason why I always have a Nautilus LifeLine with me while diving. $150 is pretty cheap for added safety and peace of mind. I keep on waist strap webbing on right side behind a D ring and I never even know its there.

I carry that one too. However, if the guy on the boat didn’t have DSC capable marine radio and you are few miles away from commercial ship with AIS capable of receiving MOB signal from the Nautilus Lifeline, that Nautilus Lifeline would be useless.

Back
Top Bottom