Fisheye FIX S100 woes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldfire22x

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just picked up a new FIX S100 and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem ... whenever I try to use the rear dial, there doesn't seem to be any way that I can rotate it where it doesn't inadvertently push the buttons on the dial in the camera ... so for example, when trying to shoot in manual and adjust the shutter speed, it will sometimes bring up the focus menu (macro/normal/manual). If shooting in other modes, sometimes the exposure menu (+/- ev) comes up.

It's literally out of the box so I'm likely going to return it. Just wondering if this is a one in a million manufacturing defect? Or if I should stray from this housing ... haven't read anything bad about it yet, though. Thanks!

Hi coldfire22x, I'm using the same u/w case as yours and I'm not experiencing this problem. Have used it for more than 10 dives already and didn't experience this. Were you able to check if the camera is fitted correctly inside?

it seems to fit ok, but if i had to stab a guess i would say that the rubber ring on the inside (anyone who has the case will know what i'm talking about) is pressing against the dial a little to hard. i don't know if this is something that will relax over time, or again, if it's just a slight manufacturing defect. who knows, could even be the camera that is a little thicker ...

Sorry for reviving this thread but I got this housing today and I'm having the same problems...
It looks like the camera doesn't fit perfectly in the housing. When I try to adjust shutter speed using the back wheel
it only works when rotating anti clockwise. The focus button is often triggered when rotating clock wise.
I am from the Netherlands so I am afraid I can't just ship it to fisheye. Does anyone know a solution?

Unfortunately, just returned from my first trip with mine and had the same problem. I'll give it another try on the next trip, then decide what to do.

Rob

Just wondering if you get in touch with a company like Backscatter that has probably sold a number of these housings to see whether their customers have run into a problem. They may have suggestions on a remedy. Just a thought.

The recsea have similar problem at time but the rear dial is different
When you put the camera in have you checked if you can release the mode dial in an upper position before locking the camera in place? Once you do that correctly the problem with the recsea goes and the fix has actually a better design from that point of view

Back
Top Bottom