Fisheye distortion: Are you guys lightweights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolverine:
Well, the UFL limits itself to 165deg wide angle where as the combo of the fisheye the UWL100 allows u for 100deg and 131deg. The new range also has the 105deg wide angle. so combined cost still around the same.. just split into 2 lens

OK, I'm finally understanding your post here. It was more informative than my mis-informative hinny was able to comprehend. The $332 ~165 degree lens is a stand-alone product (as long as adaptor is used for fitting purposes). Your "so combined cost still around the same" statement really through me in a "whirlpool" (per say). I don't care if I have 105deg or not: not while I do have ~165deg. So combined cost is for the birds. I don't need "adjustable Wide Angle" I just need "Wiiiiiiidddddddde Angle".

Errrrrr......Where did Howard from Fantasea go???

You got it :wink: . On the AD mount, I think Howard did mention that they do have the adapter for it. The total cost for the adapter + AD ring would probably come up to US$70 before shipping (thats my cost for my adapter and 67mm ring). I will check in HK how much the AD ring adapter costs.

HK=Hong Kong right? Is it easy to order stuff from HK if I live is Socal?

In addition:
-Thinking of an oversized (used: to save $$) Ewa-Marine housing for my Camcorder (Canon ZR-40)
-Would Like a WAL for Camcorder (what would be a good one since fitting inside housing won't be a problem? Do WALs need to be made for underwater? Or will any do as long as it fits in the housing (in this case the video housing)?

Could someone try to answer a few of my questions on a video camera WAL for an oversize EWA-MARINE housing (in the Canon Talk forum? Link: here

Wolverine:
OK, I just got the adapter for the CP-4 housing. You will need to contact Howard of Fantasea. He just launched it recently. YOU WILL NEED TO GET AN ADDITIONAL ITEM TO FIT INON LENS. You would need a 67mm thread to mount Inon lens. His existing adapter uses 55mm lens. There is an additional piece which you need to attach to the adapter to mount the 67mm lens. If Howard can't get the addtional piece for you, you can contact me personally and I will direct you there.

I need quick help in gettin the Inon lens to fit my CP-4 Pro. Hook........me.........up!!!!!

Anyone know where I can get a conveter lens adapter used on a WP-DC200 (Mfr #: 58050)?

Is anyone using one of these lenses on an Fantasea CP-4 Pro: UFL-165AD, UWL-105AD or UCL-165AD? If so what Conversion lens adapter did you use on the housing?

This is what i found:
I called Underwater Photo-Tech (in Derry, New Hampshire, 603-432-1997) and they confirmed that the AD mount adapter is the one used with the Canon WP-DC200 housing. The adaptor part number is 58050.

They also mentioned that a similar one (either adaptor for WP-DC100 or WP-DC300) can be machined to the size of the WP-DC200.

Per discussion with Frank at Fantasea (Fantaseausa@fantasea.com):
The CP-4 Pro Housing has a port that was designed to accept the Sea&Sea MMII lens (since it was the most popular lens at the time of the CP-4 designing). The CP-4 housing's port diameter is 54mm (2 1/8" dia.).

Reference:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=240228&is=REG

http://www.seaandsea.jp/products/accessory/acce/digital.html
Conversion lens adapter for WP-DC200/WP-DC200S
Mfr #: 58050
For use with MMII-EX macro lenses 3T/2T and wide conversion lenses 16mm/20mm

Similar post: here

Looks like Yuzo has it in stock. Have you ordered from him yet? How much did it cost you in total??

Sounded like it would take Yuzo a couple days to get the 58050 Adapter. I was under a pretty tight timeframe, I didn't want to slow the delivery of my UFL-165AD so I told him that I would find the Adapter myself. I did ask him about how much it would cost in US dollars. He said about $50, which if true, would be a great price.

Once again per currrency converter the "INON UFL-165AD Super Wide Lens" = 37,000 Japenese Yen = $333.74 (today that is). Shipping: 2,270 yen = $20.47 US.

Paypal's conversion was:
Aug 10th: 1 U.S. Dollar = 108.107 Yen

Today's currrency converter says: 1 USD = 110.885 JPY

BTW, when ordering from Yuzo: I used PayPal (to info@naturephoto.co.jp) and kept price in Yen. He sends you the final billing price through e-mail (includes an accurate shipping charge). Initiate all this through his website www.naturephoto.co.jp and click on "UW digital camera" then "English". Or: http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm. He then sends you an e-mail confirmation of payment with a tracking number to be used at: http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/ems/ems.html . My lens is flying from Japan to San Fransisco today.

I've found a U.S. source for the 58050 Adapter. I should receive it by Friday. Once I confirm, that indeed they did ship me the correct Adapter, I can tell you who the source is. They supposedly had 12 of these, no longer in production, adapters in stock. The said they've never sold one of these before, so I guess I'm the first.

-Nikon CoolPix 4300
-Fantasea CP-4 Pro Housing;E-bay: $135+shipping
-Ewa-Marine VST Video Housing (using for my Canon ZR-40 Digicorder);E-bay: $56+shipping
-Choice: WD-30.5 30.5mm 0.7x Wide Angle Converter , or Raynox QC-303 Fisheye (.3x semi-fisheye, not screw on so not that good in video housing), or Sima SLS-05 Universal 0.5X Wide Angle Conversion Lens
-Ewa-Marine U-FXP (using to H20Proof my Canon VL-10Li Video Light); E-bay: $6.05+shipping
-Warm Cards

cooly-o:
Is anyone using one of these lenses on an Fantasea CP-4 Pro: UFL-165AD, UWL-105AD or UCL-165AD? If so what Conversion lens adapter did you use on the housing?

Similar post: here

I just received my UFL-165AD fisheye lens. I also received (seperate purchase) the Sea&Sea Adapter that was made for the Canon WP-DC200 housing: adaptor part number 58050. The 58050 fits just right on the CP-4 Housing. But the adapter seems too small for the Inon lens. Does anyone know if a piece snaps off of the S&S adapter to allow it to fit the Inon Lenses? Yuzo from uwdigitalcamera says that "Yes, the AD mount is all same for UFL-165AD, UWL-105AD or UCL-165AD".

Howard from Fantasea, says "I use the Inon wide angle lens and the adaptor you have on my CP-4 Pro without any problems. See attached image."

Help please. I need to figure this integration problem out before I leave to Maui in four days.

This is the correct adapter for this Inon "AD" (i.e. Bayonet) lens:

AD Mount Base DC200/200s:
http://www.inonamerica.com/products.html?product_id=172
http://www.inonamerica.com/content/products/172-l.jpg

Since it's made for the Canon WP-DC200 housing, I may have to modify the adapter's tripod screw so it lines up with the housing's tripod nut (who knows maybe I'll luck out and it will align.....NOT!!!!!). I also hear: If you are attaching the camera to a baseplate mount, you will also need a longer attachment screw for your baseplate. But I am not using a baseplate.

I just ordered it (over night delivery) at the inonamerica website:
http://www.inonamerica.com/products.html?product_id=172

This being a Saturday, I hope there is no delay in the shipment. Site said: "Stock low" before I ordered and now says "backordered" after my sale.

-Nikon CoolPix 4300
-Fantasea CP-4 Pro Housing;E-bay: $135+shipping
-WAL: UFL-165AD fisheye
-Ewa-Marine VST Video Housing (using for my Canon ZR-40 Digicorder);E-bay: $56+shipping
-Video WALs: WD-30.5 30.5mm 0.7x Wide Angle Converter , or Raynox QC-303 Fisheye (.3x semi-fisheye, not screw on so not that good in video housing), or Sima SLS-05 Universal 0.5X Wide Angle Conversion Lens
-Ewa-Marine U-FXP (using to H20Proof my Canon VL-10Li Video Light); E-bay: $6.05+shipping
-Warm Cards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom