Fisher vs 4 pins for Shearwater Nerd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was Dive-Tronix who did the fischer to 4 pin conversion? I got a really good deal on a NERD2 fischer, so since there isn't currently any cabling might as well upgrade it at the start when I send in the rEvo for its servicing.

Yep.

Congrats! Good move to do that up front. That way Richard can also service the NERD. I just got mine back from him about 3 weeks ago because the pressure sensor went bad. Fortunately, it was covered by warranty. But, from what I understand now, it is a weak point in the NERD design.

Buying the rEvo 4-pin cable to go in the rEvo and having the NERD changed to a 4-pin connection probably won't cost a whole lot more than just buying the rEvo Fischer cable that you'd have to install otherwise. I think the Fischer cable to 3 Molex connectors is like $250 from rEvo!

I had a failed PETREL with a fisher port, DIVE-TRONIX was who did that service work on my PETREL.

i purchased a NERD 2 with the 4 PIN already on it, both have been working fine for some time now, no issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom