Fish and invertebrate Showcase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, the sad thing is that they are cheap as far a salt water aquiariums go, so a high mortality rate is not such a financial impact. Usually, buy 6 or so and hope that 1 or 2 live, through the ammonia spikes and such. Kind of the canary in the mine kind of thing. There are other ways to start a tank, but this way seems to be the most common.

We need a new critter... that leesa, always slackin'

Gees guys...I'm not a slacker!!! :D this will be a month by month thread guys...we'll go thru all our fish way to fast if we change them every couple of days. This critter is your task for the month...get more pictures, young, old, more black, more white...eggs...laying eggs, maybe even a close up - watch'em a bit...see if we can see something new, interesting or funny to share. Good enough for an Ohana ID list which what is what is going to happen with the info from these threads. We are going to make our own, ever growing, OHANA Critter ID list.

oh. sounds good.... onfloat "symbiosis" I think.

Banded coral shrimp doing some spring cleaning :wink:

0ceeed20.jpg

I thought this one was interesting, because this is a rock about two feet in diameter, and it's the only thing on a sandy bottom for at least a hundred yards in any direction. (Yes, we were rather lost.) But it harbored a surprising amount of life, including a group of the domino damselfish. This was a lesson in how life takes advantage of any foothold.

This was a lesson in how life takes advantage of any foothold.

yes, have you seen the retired oil rig controversy raging in SoCal? There is so much marine life on the derecks (sp?) that many marine biologist don't think they should be removed per the oil company contracts...others say it sets a bad precedent to permit abandoning things in the ocean. (am I off topic?)

Supposedly Dominoes live their entire lifespan around a single coral head where they started.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom