Fish and Invertebrate Images needed for REEF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwscubamom

Contributor
Reaction score
REEF is working on materials for a new sub-region of their current Tropical Western Atlantic region. This new region will cover NC, SC and Georgia. We will be surveying all fish and a select group of invertebrates in this region.

The materials will be used for diver education for our Volunteer Survey Project. They will be comprised of a color ID card, classroom curriculum for fish and invertebrate ID for the region, experience level tests, and other related materials.

REEF is a non-profit organization that promotes recreational divers and snorkelers monitoring fish populations in many areas of the world and their website is at Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) | Diving That Counts.

To help with these materials, I am working on acquiring fish and invertebrate photos for the region. Here's my wish list:

For invertebrates, I am looking for photos of:
  • Sponges,
  • Anemones,
  • Jellyfish,
  • Worms,
  • Shrimp,
  • Crabs,
  • Nudibranchs,
  • Corals,
  • Sea Stars,
  • Urchins,
  • Snails,
  • Tunicates,
  • Sea Cucumbers, etc.

For fish, I still need some good, high quality side shots (preferably showing fins) with a contrasting background of:
  • Carolina Hake
  • Gag
  • Spotfin Hogfish
  • Bar Jack
  • Bicolor Damselfish
  • Cocoa Damselfish
  • Highhat
  • Saucereye Porgy
  • Scrawled Cowfish
  • Scup
  • Sheepshead
  • Spottail Pinfish
  • Squirrelfish
  • Yellow Goatfish
  • Yellowhead Wrasse
  • Slippery Dick - Juv
  • Slippery Dick - Intermediate
  • Slippery Dick - Adult
  • Twospot Cardinalfish
  • Purple Reeffish
  • Cocoa Damselfish
  • Painted Wrasse
  • Red Porgy
  • Graysby

If you can help by donating the use of any images, please let me know either here, or by emailing me: janna at reef dot org.

Thanks so much!!
- Janna :)

newreeflogo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom