First UW Pics with a DSLR--Key Largo 0507-08_2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice, keep shooting and sharing, what did you upgrade from?

Sorry--I forgot to answer a question--My housing, ports and port extension are all Sea and Sea stuff-- the diopter is a B&W NL-2 ??

sounds great. are you using the fisheye dome port and the 40mm extension? I think that is what's recommended.

btw, I really like the composition on the trumpet fish.

scott

Nice, keep shooting and sharing, what did you upgrade from?

Thanks ! This is my first UW camera setup. In March I took the UW Photography Advenure Dive as one of my AOW electives. They lent me an old small Sealife P&S. I really enjoyed taking UW pics with it, but thought that I'd be better off in the long run with a DSLR setup. I was a bit daunted at first by the whole size of the rig, but it was quite manageable underwater.

sounds great. are you using the fisheye dome port and the 40mm extension? I think that is what's recommended.

btw, I really like the composition on the trumpet fish.

scott
Thanks Scott-- Yes, that is the port and extension. The nice folks at Backscatter set me up with the package.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom