First UW Pics with a DSLR--Key Largo 0507-08_2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just thought I'd post some of my first UW pics with a D300 setup. This is quite a challenging hobby ! One of my strobes flooded at some point.

Edit-- Sorry I put in a duplicate

Attachments

• benwood_small.jpg
    benwood_small.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 62
  • file.jpg
    file.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 51
  • fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Fish1_blur.jpg
    Fish1_blur.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 53
  • five_grunts.jpg
    five_grunts.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 48
  • grunt.jpg
    grunt.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 33
  • grunts.jpg
    grunts.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 47
  • headon.jpg
    headon.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 45
  • moregrunts.jpg
    moregrunts.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 32
  • parrot.jpg
    parrot.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 41
  • parrot2.jpg
    parrot2.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 43
  • pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 59
  • reefscape.jpg
    reefscape.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 42
  • shell.jpg
    shell.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 54
  • stack.jpg
    stack.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for looking Andy and Scott ! -- I used a 12-24mm and a 60mm macro--both Nikon lenses.

Very nice

your welcome.

most look very sharp, but I hope you don't mind me saying, something slightly looks off in #12 and #13 in terms of the sharpness, compared to the other photos, were they all with the nikon 12-24mm? It can be hard getting sharp results with that lens.

If so, were they at 12mm or 24mm, and which dome port, extension ring and diopter are you using with the 12-24mm?

or maybe it's because they could be natural light shots, and there is a slow shutter speed, what's the shutter speed on those shots?

scott

Thanks ! Mostly just white balance in Lightroom 2 and then a little color tweaking to get rid of any greenish cast, just a personal taste. To be honest, I'm not sure what kinds of colors are considered the "most acceptable".

great shots! were you using color correction after the fact?

your welcome.

most look very sharp, but I hope you don't mind me saying, something slightly looks off in #12 and #13 in terms of the sharpness, compared to the other photos, were they all with the nikon 12-24mm? It can be hard getting sharp results with that lens.

If so, were they at 12mm or 24mm, and which dome port, extension ring and diopter are you using with the 12-24mm?

or maybe it's because they could be natural light shots, and there is a slow shutter speed, what's the shutter speed on those shots?

scott

I agree #12 and #13 aren't quite as clear--- I have a sharper shot similar to #13 that I probably should have used. #12 was with the 60mm (f14 @1/200) and #13 was at f/24 with the wide angle. Both were lit with one (or two) S&S YS-100s.

your welcome.

scott

Sorry--I forgot to answer a question--My housing, ports and port extension are all Sea and Sea stuff-- the diopter is a B&W NL-2 ??

Back
Top Bottom