First trip to Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joewr:
Hi,

If you choose Cozumel, consider the Fiesta Americana. It has two great pools, good on-site restaurants, and a dive shop on-site conveniently called, The Dive Shop. Here is their website...be sure to take the virtual tour:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...el_Dive_Resort-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

It is out of town and a taxi into town will probably cost about $15 for the round trip.

Fiesta Americana is near palancar reef, so it's fairly far south. It was running $8 round trip for a Taxi from CaribeBlu, maybe a mile from town. I asked the cab drivers how much for a cab from the Southern resorts as I would consider staying there if I brought the family. They indicated fares from the south resorts ran $15~20 one way. It would be nice to see a bus system in place, but I got the idea that Taxi's in Coz were VERY big business, and a bus system would likely not be supported.

A buddy stayed at a resort (all inclusive) in Playa Del Carmen, and he indicated that they had a sister resort in Coz, and further with advanced planning, you could spend part of the week in either if you wanted to spend a few days in both places.

I'll PM him and get more info like the name of the resort as I can not remember what it was.

The South beaches in Coz were actually MUCH nicer that I'd been lead to believe.

Cozbeach_004_web.jpg

I would recommed to stay in Playa del Carmen. You are in the middle of cancun, cozumel and tulum and the town is nicer than all of the others. Also try cenote diving. A very different and nice experience.

This looks like the plan - my wife has found some Hotels 15 mins away that she likes.
Any dive centres in Playa de Carmen you can recommend.

TAFFLAD, my wife and i go back to cancun every year about april or so, we allways go with all inclusive from LA Calif, because its all paid for, except gifts diveing and tours. our first trip we stayed in Melia Tarquesa it was vary nice but after the storm and the remodle i hear its no longer all inclusive. our 2nd time we went to the top of the 7 and stayed in RIU Cancun it too is vary nice as im sure most are about the same,this year we will be there april 20th-27th staying in the omni, close to the golf course and El MIRADO ruins. on our first trip we went with jeep advinture jungle tours, it is more personal than one of those bus tours, he has at least 4 or more jeeps it was great. not only that the night before the tour we met up and he took us to THE CITY he knows the people there got us in past all the other people in line and gave us his phone # if we got in trouble. told us he has more pull than the mayor there. sorry i cant recomend any dive shops i have only used 1 the last time we were there, SCUBA CARIBE it was great not to mention the two DM's that i met were hot hot hot. this trip i thinkim going with SCUBA CANCUN. I hope this may help and mite see you two there. again check out www.trip adviser.com can help along with SB. Jerry ks like the plan - my wife has found some Hotels 15 mins away that she likes.
Any dive centres in Playa de Carmen you can recommend.[/quote]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom